Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Huffington Post | The Blog

Blogging about blogs and blogging seems like such a waste, but...

I've been blogging for a couple of months now. Why? I don't know. It's just a forum for self-expression, I guess. Doesn't matter if anyone but me ever sees what I post. It's just for me.

The reason I looked at Arianna Huffington's new blog is that Eugene Volokh posted on his blog, The Volokh Conspiracy, that he'd been invited to post there, and because I've kind of liked some of what I've read from Huffington in the past.

Some time back it occurred to me that one reason I like Angry Atheist's blog is that, though she doesn't post frequenty, when she does it's generally quality stuff. She's an intelligent individual posting intelligent stuff. Angry Atheist doesn't waste my time with tripe.

So I looked at Huffington's new blog and saw that I'd have to sift wheat from chaff, which wastes my time. Dimes and pennies under tape ends... Give me a break.

I don't know if I agree with the wheat I linked above, but it made me think. If Huffington (and any blogger for that matter) wants to keep my interest they'll have to show some respect for my time.

I'll try to keep that in mind myself.

No comments: